Do you know about science, and like it? Got a good handle on who-what-when-where-why-how?
EarthSky is looking for smart, solid science journalists to work as interns for February – July 2011. Are you awesome? We’re looking for awesome writers who can create compelling short news posts and illustrate them with videos and/or powerful visual images. Successful interns will develop their own followings on our website. Interested? Awesome? Ready to bust out? Then you might be the next person to join the EarthSky team.
1. A love of science and the natural and human worlds.
2. Ability to write accurate and clear science posts, for a general audience, on fascinating topics within that you yourself discover.
3. A good eye for compelling videos … and for good photos … and a willingness to ask permission from copyright owners, when needed, in order to acquire legal use of striking visuals to accompany your posts.
4. Ability to create 3-5 short posts weekly.
5. Some background/knowledge about one of the following areas: Water, Energy, Health, Food, Biodiversity, Earth. We’ve got the Space beat covered for now.
Want to see where your posts will fit on our site? Look here: https://earthsky.org/tag/blogs
How to apply. Attach a resume/CV and two writing samples to an email explaining why you should be the one to contribute to earthsky.org in February – July, 2011. Send your email to email@example.com.
This position pays $25 per published post so get ready to produce! Successful contributors might have an opportunity to move up the EarthSky ladder to become science interviewers for our international science broadcasts, heard 15 million times daily. So come on down!
The EarthSky team has a blast bringing you daily updates on your cosmos and world. We love your photos and welcome your news tips. Earth, Space, Human World, Tonight.